Wednesday, March 10, 2010


These are two items I entered into our quilt show this past weekend in Manteca. The first is a tote/purse. I don't usually work with oriental fabrics, but I love RED. And I love this purse.
The second pic is a quilt I entered first in a challenge at a quilt shop in Ft. Bragg. The challenge was to choose a paint sample strip and then make a quilt using that color and adding only black and white. This was really fun. When I finally figured out I had chose Chartreuse and not green I was stumped and came up with a poem that I put onto the quilt using fabric ink.
What was I thinking when I chose Chartreuse?
I must have been thinking of the quick, easy, prize winning quilt I would produce.
So off to the quilt store for the right fabric was my excuse,
But finding just the right color was simply abuse.
So, What was I thinking when I chose Chartreuse?
Well, at least it wasn't Puce.
It's one of a kind. But aren't all our quilts "One of a Kind"


No comments:

Post a Comment