Saturday, June 5, 2010

And summer vacation has started!!

This is the view of the Snake River from the bridge at Twin Falls, Idaho. There were many waterfalls because of the recent rains over Memorial Day weekend
Okay, I'm already bad at this. I want to label my photos, but this is the only one available to post to. Hopefully all the others will post.
So we started out with Nikole's promotion from 8th grade. She was class president and she sang the National Anthem. She received several awards and Grandma was very proud of her.
The next day we left for Jerome and Twin FAlls, Idaho to attend Callie Hall's graduation from Jerome High School and to visit my Aunt Florence Crowl Pirtle. We had snow going over Hwy 80 and hail out of Winnemucca and lots of hard rain in Twin Falls for 2 days. We went to graduation, visit Aunt Florence and by Saturday it was a beautiful day. We went with the Hall Family, Wes, Lisa, Richard and Callie to Haggerman Fossil Days. Complete with a parade and carnival and fair food. Jeff and Richard shared curly fries and Wes and I had a 14" corn Dog. Later that day we went to 1000 Springs and the battery on my camera died. Before the weekend was over we went to Sun Valley, Ketchum and to the summit of the Sawtooth Mnt. overlooking Stanley valley. I swear there are so many beautiful places in Idaho that look just like the Big Island of Hawaii. I also got to meet Lisa's friend and fellow quilter, Dixie. She is remarkable and still perfects her God given talents daily. She gave us a little quilt show. She hand quilts all her tops and I lost count at 23 on her bed. That didn't include the ones in her trunk. She is also a very talented oil painter. We also got to visit my cousin Danny Pinther and his family. Everyone was so nice to be with and we left wondering why we don't make that trip more often. P.S. I only spend money at one quilt shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment