Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finished Project

This is the project I finished while on vacation. I call it Leaves in the Gutter. Just because it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. If you look close the pattern is Ricky Tims' Convergence. The class was quite some time ago because I know our friend Liz Faria taught it at Manteca Quilters. I didnt' use enough contrast in my fabrics and it seems like it all runs together. That's why I named it Leaves in the Gutter. To give it some detail I used raw edge applique with dupioni silk with large embroidery running stitches. It's not my favorite wallhanging, but now it's my most favorite finished project. I'm hoping to get one more finished before I go back to work. Next week I get to machine quilt on Dianah's "Always a Marine Quilt"

No comments:

Post a Comment