Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lake Tahoe















































Caples Lake












Silver lake













Jeff and I were able to get away by ourselves last Thursday and take a day trip up into the Sierras. This is my favorite road trip this time of the year. We headed up Hwy 88, past Silver Lake, Caples Lake, Woods Lake, Carson Pass, Red Lake and into Hope Valley.
Okay half of my captions worked and others didn't.
So past Caples Lake is Blue Lake on Carson Pass. The cattle chutes are at Woods Lake. And this is where I fell while trying to get a great picture of Jeff at the chutes. I fell face first but I saved the camera. Notice the aspens have not changed colors yet, still bright green. We came across lots of patches of snow from the previous weekend storm. On to Hope Valley. We stopped for the best homemake pie at Hope Valley Cafe. All of these places have so many memories for Jeff and I when we helped our friend Ed Questo with his cattle up around Woods Lake. We always went with our friend John Bayless. I couldn't take a photo without thinking of at least 3-4 stories of John with each placed we stopped. John Loved Pie.
I'll finishe our trip to Lake Tahoe tomorrow because I have to save time for sleeping and work. And it take to long to upload pics for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment