Saturday, September 26, 2009

Silk Ribbon Flower/Applique Class


This is LueAnne's basket of flowers in progress. Her yellow rose looks like a real old fashion rose. It looks like it must smell like a real rose.


Lisa showed us lots of techniques and made the day fun.
We all had a good time and a very good pot luck lunch. Sharon, Inez, Della, Barbara, Joan,
Diana, Pat, Janet, Teresa, LueAnne, Char, Sandra and Bonnie.

I really like this picture of Sandra so I had to show it twice. Really, I'm just getting the hang of posting pictures and did it twice and can't figure how to delete.


Sandra's is beautiful with her batik basket.



This is Della's work. Really nice.




We had a fun class at Manteca Quilters today with Lisa Van Groningren, Silk Ribbon Flowers an applique. Here is Barbara, Bonnie and Joan checking Lisa's class sample.












This is my sample. I learned to applique more than 15 years ago and the techniques then are alot different than today. So I stopped appliqueing because it was too time consuming and I didn't always like the end result. Lisa has showed me that it can be easy, quick and get good results. I'm not sure I'm going to make a boat load of wire ribbon roses. But I'm glad I learned and had fun day with friends







































We had a fun class at Manteca Quilters today. Lisa Van Groningren taught us to make silk ribbon flower and how to applique. She had some great instructions. I realized the last applique class I took was about 15 years ago. I quit applique because it was too time comsuming and to much preparation.






















1 comment: